Saturday, February 10, 2018

My Life In A Compass







     My life compasses summarized what was my mood of the day in a very organized way. One of the things I really liked about the compasses was that it was a fast activity. Also, that it had to be very brief, and I like to be brief and right to the point. The life compasses helped me see where areas I had to get better for me to be happier in any days. It helped me a lot to realize where areas I was very bad in terms of healthiness. If my physical health wasn't all right, or my emotional health, spiritual health or my mental health. Each day that I did a compass, I just wrote numbers according to what I felt and closed the notebook. But when I pick a day to see how I was doing, I could notice what things I got to avoid or do to avoid having a bad day. Also, the life compasses helped me remember about the things that happened in any day because of the little sentence which described my mood of the day. For me, the hardest part was this one because I had to resume a bunch of my feelings in a way that they could coexist in a short sentence. Now, I look back to all my compasses and remember great days and bad days. But when I put the ratings in a graph, I see that I was having hard time at the beginning of the semester. My mental health was always affected by all the works of college, responsibilities of the house and the assignments I had outside the house. This mental charge made me very frustrated which always affected my awareness because it made me question about why life was so hard on me and a lot of questions related to that theme. It surprised me how my physical health wasn't so optimum or with more 3's. I consider myself and athlete, but since college started, I haven't got time to do sports or give my body some attention on that matter. Although, my emotional ratings are very good. That explains why I didn't gave up or dropped out any class. According to my compasses, those emotional ratings are an effect of writing, having fun in the classroom and motivation from other people. Writing helped me get out all my ideas of frustration and anger that I had on my days. I had so much fun with my classmates no matter how bad was the work that I had to do in class or how bad the joke was. The motivation I received came from special people like family and friends. The last compass I did was very cool. It was a life compass on the first of January. That compass was one of the two 12's I got on the life compasses. That day I felt very healthy, very excited, without any trouble on my mind and ready to have a different lifestyle. My sentence that day was "I feel like the new me is going to be great".
Image result for counting numbers gifs


Work Cited


Pittmann, Cynthia. Life Compass Reflection. Class assignment UPRRP. 10 February 2018.





2 comments: